In this Cookie Notice references to "we", "us" and "our", are references to E1 Series Limited and references to the “Site” are references to www.e1series.com.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like who you are, your preferences or what’s in your shopping basket.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES LAST?
Cookies last for different lengths of time depending on what they are used for:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device.
WHO SETS COOKIES?
First party cookies are set by the website that you are visiting and can only be read by that website.
Third party cookies are set by an organisation other than operator of the website. This might be for the purposes of website measurement, to allow a third party service on the website to operate or to target or deliver advertising.
The Site uses a range of first and third party cookies that enable us to offer an enhanced, personalised experience. The information stored in cookies falls into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to use the Site and its features. Without these cookies, we are unable to provide services that you have asked for, such as viewing content.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and is only used to improve how the Site works.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make (such as your username and preferred settings). This would allow us to provide you with local weather reports, remember changes you have made to text size or provide services you have asked for. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests, to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES?
You can delete all cookies that are already on your device and prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a website and some services and functionalities may not work.
All major browsers allow you to change your cookie settings - for example you can set up your web browser to inform you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can usually find these settings in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, or you can use the 'Help' option in your browser for further assistance:
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
You can also adjust your cookie preferences through third party platforms:
- To manage cookies linked to targeting or advertising activities, visit Your Online Choices.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics Opt Out.
Last updated: July 2020